It is currently 16 Dec 2019 11:28

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Security vs Privacy
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2013 17:50 
Random avatar
 E-mail  Profile

Have thanks: 0 time
Many say that internet spying is infringement of privacy and others say that it is a matter of security. Some argue that installation of CCTV cameras in public areas will lessen privacy others argue it is important to curb crimes. What are your views on SECURITY VS PRIVACY.

Post subject: Re: Security vs Privacy
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2013 19:19 
Random avatar
 E-mail  Profile

Answer's can vary, I think that SECURITY is more important than PRIVACY.....

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2013 20:29 
 E-mail  Profile

Both are important...but in terms of technology its dependent how WE USE them....Like CCTV cameras in public places,hotel rooms etc. But still Besides technologies there are many other factors which contibute to privacy as well as security :gun_bandana: I guess internet security is the MOST IMPORTANT thing we need to focus on.......

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013 10:51 
Random avatar
 E-mail  Profile

I think Security is a much more important thing than privacy because if the reading of one message can save 1000s of lives or a bomb being kept in a crowded area being duly seen with the help of CCTV cameras and diffused before it can cause havoc a better thing than fighting for privacy which may ultimately lead to such inhuman activities that could be detected with the help of such measures. We must also understand that this can lessen if not eradicate the chances of one of our loved one dying in such an undeserved and cruel way. If today we fight for our privacy and even if we succeed then tomorrow we will eventually realize that we could have stopped something on similar lines (as stated above) from happening but we did not; at that time we will have nobody but ourselves to blame. That being said I would like to conclude in the words of the famous sci-fi author David Brin himself who says everything I want to say about the topic, "When it comes to privacy and accountability, people always demand the former for themselves and the latter for everyone else."

For a better world,
Nimit Goyal